Now on Chapter 10 (of 10) of the ‘SCJP 6.0 Study Guide’ book.
The book gives you a really in-depth knowledge of Java, although sometimes they overdo some explanations and leave you unclear/unsure as to how a particular item actually works, in which case a Google search soon clears up the confusion.
Once I’ve finished the SCJP book, next plan to do plenty of coding practice, practice tests and eventually do the actual Certification exam – once I’m sure I’ll pass it!
Chapters I’ve now covered in the SCJP book:
– Chapter 1: Declaration and Access Control
– Chapter 2: Object Orientation
– Chapter 3: Assignments
– Chapter 4: Operators
– Chapter 5: Flow Control, Exceptions and Assertions
– Chapter 6: Strings, I/O, Formatting and Parsing
– Chapter 7: Generics and Collections
– Chapter 8: Inner Classes
– Chapter 9: Threads