Android Pay – Overview
Google bills Android Pay as “Pay your way. Shop how you want” and it allows you to make payments both in stores and in apps, similar to Apple Pay. It uses a combination of Near Field Communication (NFC), plus one of a PIN code, password or pattern to authenticate.
Android Pay – Technology
- Uses contactless payment technology
- Uses tokenization
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Activate Android Pay from your banking app
Android Pay – Devices
- Android devices with NFC and KitKat+
Where can it be used?
- In stores with contactless payment terminals
- In apps
- Coming soon, according to official site, as of June 2015