Having recently relaunched my website to use a new WordPress theme – the excellent Avada Theme – I thought I’d add a guide to doing this on my blog, to help out anyone else planning this.
Part 1 – Establish your Requirements
- What do you want to achieve with the relaunched version of your website?
- What do you want your website to do in its new look?
- Do you have a budget for the relaunch? If so, how much? Will you do the changes yourself or get someone else to do it for you?
- This would be an excellent time to draw up a rough idea of the website architecture / sitemap.
- Look at lots of other websites for ideas and inspiration.
- Consider an agile/iterative approach to the relaunch. The first phase could just include the main functionality and content, then you can add further as you progress. This would require identifying what is the main functionality, including this in cycle 1 and then adding further content in subsequent cycles.
Part 2 – Theme Selection – is now Published.
*** There is now a downloadable version of this content.