Having recently relaunched my website to use a new WordPress theme – the excellent Avada Theme – I thought I’d add a guide to doing this on my blog, to help out anyone else planning this.
Part 2 – Theme Selection
- Check the various Theme websites (see below for a selection) to see what’s available and possible.
- Check live previews of themes to see if it does what you want.
- Check other sites which have used the theme – if none shown, then could be pointer to a problem.
- Check theme support / reviews etc.
- Check any comments on the theme – there could be widespread praise for the theme – or perhaps, widespread criticism.
- Check the theme documentation – are you technically capable of using it? Do you have enough time to spare to do this?
- I’ve also now added some live WordPress theme demos to my website – see below for a selection.