Having recently relaunched my website to use a new WordPress theme – the excellent Avada Theme – I thought I’d add a guide to doing this on my blog, to help out anyone else planning this.
Part 6 – After Relaunch
- Turn off Maintenance mode.
- Announce the site is up and running, again on the various platforms available – Twitter, email, Newsletter, Facebook etc.
- Arrange more testing across the main browsers and platforms, to ensure the site is working properly. At this point you could also hire a freelance website tester, such as myself, to gain an independent view on your website and to uncover any issues that you may not have seen so far.
- If using an Agile/Iterative approach, this is also a good time to set timeframes for work on the next cycles.
- Establish procedures for blogging, creating content etc if the new theme has different approach to the old theme.
- Track any issues reported with the site – could either use an Issue Tracking System or something simpler, such as a Google doc, an Excel xls or a Word doc.
The End – I hope this 6 Part Guide will be of use – even if it helps with just one small part of the relaunch process.
*** There is now a downloadable version of this content.