Have now worked through Chapter 4 of the book, entitled ‘Test Design Techniques’. This is a very comprehensive chapter and took about 9 hours of study to get through, over a few days.
It begins with coverage of key terms, then covers the basic process of creating a suite of tests, then explores three categories of testing: specification-based testing, structure-based testing and experience-based testing. If finishes off with a section on the selection of test techniques.
The topics covered are:
- The test development process
- The idea of test coverage
- Categories of test case design techniques
- Specification-based (black-box) techniques
- Structure-based (white-box) techniques
- Experience-based techniques
- Choosing test techniques