Have now worked through Chapter 1 of the book, entitled ‘The Fundamentals of Testing’.
This covers the topics listed below and introduces the fundamental ideas of software testing, introducing new terminology, establishing the structure of the book and pointing forward to later chapters. This took about 3 – 3 1/2 hours to cover.
- Introduction to Software Testing
- Why software fails
- Keeping software under control
- What testing is and testing does
- General testing principles
- Fundamental test process
- The psychology of testing
- Code of ethics