I’m usually the first to knock Microsoft when they get things wrong – and they often do.
But having used Office 365 on iPhone and iPad, I must admit I’m quite impressed with both of these offerings.
In both cases, you can edit Office documents in Word and Excel, obviously with limitations as to what you can do. It’s great to be able to view a document you’ve been working on perhaps on your PC or iMac and then also make some alterations to the document.
The documents you use need to be on SkyDrive, but that’s not really a problem.
On the iPhone, you download and use the dedicated Office Mobile for iPhone app, whereas on the iPad, you use the Office Web Apps.
More details and screenshots below.
Office Mobile for iPhone
- Office 365 subscribers can download this iPhone-only App from the App Store.
- This App allows you to access your SkyDrive and the documents contained in it.
- You can view / edit / create Word and Excel documents, plus others types I haven’t yet tried.
- With the smaller screen size of a phone, there are limitations, but its still useful for viewing info in documents and also to make small changes to existing documents.
- I’ve so far found it most useful for creating documents such as To Do lists, which I can create within the App and save to the SkyDrive and then pick up later on in the full Office 365.